Today was the first of our school meetings and all the new staff had an induction session in the board room. Apart from the over efficient air-conditioning, the meeting was thoroughly pleasant and covered a lot of interesting points so now much clearer on procedures and what to expect generally. Met Kylie at our usual rendez-vous point; at the Pacific Coffee shop/internet cafe. After a short deliberation, we decided that it was far too hot for bed shopping in Central (and we had had a very intense meeting) and that a swim at the Sienna Club was in order.
$100 HK dollars - for a swim! My goodness! but actually, it was worth it. The pool has panoramic views over the city, there was a spa in the middle, a bar and seals (not real ones) with fountains of water spurting from their mouths. For a few hours we just floated leaning on the pool edge, looking out over the bay and the city in the distance, blue skies overhead. occasionally we would flip[ over and look up at the hills above. This is the life!
Prune-like we got the bus down to the Plaza and continued our furniture search the lazy way (on line). 9am we're off to IKEA to seal the deal on a sofa bed.
Since I've been here I have been looking for an acoustic guitar and it was proving to be a difficult search. There seem to be no music shops here and the ones people are selling cost thousands of pounds. But .. after many enquiries I got a message back today and I will be meeting John at Olympic station at 3pm tomorrow, this was all arraged by text and thinking ahead I said to him, "so you will be the one holding the guitar, right?" and dont think he got my joke but looks like it might be a deal at $250HKD :) (25 quid) SO excited!!! Don't worry, I've warned Kylie about the guitar, just hope I'm a quick learner!
Right, it's noodle time for me!
God bless x
Loving this blog missy! x
ReplyDelete